If you’re the type of person who learns by doing or if you’re completely ready to pledge,
visit our Kickstarter page and PLEDGE NOW!
If you like a little hand-holding, below are step-by-step instructions and screenshots that will walk you through the process.
When you’re ready to pledge for Banggai Rescue on Kickstarter, here are the steps you’ll need to take (it’s quicker and easier than it appears, and a breeze if you’ve ever ordered from Amazon.com):
1. If you’re not a Kickstarter member, you’ll need to sign up or connect with your Facebook account. Once you sign up, you are automatically logged in.
2. Search for and navigate to the Banggai Rescue Project on Kickstarter. Review the pledge rewards and select / click on the reward that best suits you. You can also pledge as little as $1, and you are not obligated to accept a reward – you can also pledge by clicking the green “Back This Project” button.
3. You’ll be taken to the Pledge Page, where you can review and change your pledge amount as you desire. Note the helpful links at the right hand column if you have questions about how pledging works.
4. Once you’ve arranged your pledge, click the green “Continue To Next Step” button at the bottom of the pledge page.
5. The next screen is a “Checkout With Amazon” screen, where you’ll be notified that you’re going to Amazon.
6. You’ll need to sign in or register with Amazon.
7. After logging in, you’ll be taken to the payment selection page, where you’ll either select a pre-existing credit card or enter in a new one, and then click “continue”.
8. You’ll then be on the Amazon payment confirmation page – reexamine everything and once satisfied that everything is in order, click “continue”.
9. You’ll be returned to the Kickstarter Confirmation Page, where your pledge is confirmed. If you wish to change your pledge, you can do so via the edit link on this screen.
10. On the confirmation page above, you’ll be invited to help us spread the word through Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr - we encourage you to do so, and THANKS FOR YOUR PLEDGE!
And that’s it! If you later need to update your pledge, read on below for additional steps!
11. At any time during the open pledge process, you can manage your pledge(eg. raising it for more rewards…or cancelling your pledge ). When logged into Kickstarter, click the “ME” menu option at top right, which expands a menu showing “My Backed Projects”. Or simply search for the Banggai Rescue project.
12. Once back on the Banggai Rescue page, you’ll notice the formerly “green” pledge button has been replaced by a blue “Manage My Pledge” button. Click this button to manage your pledge.
13. You’ll be back on the “manage my pledge” page, where you can change your pledge level and rewards selection – note that if you change your reward level, you must also manually change the pledge level to reflect that new amount. Once you’ve made your changes, click the blue “Continue” button at the bottom of the page.
14. You may be asked to confirm your pledge amount before proceeding.
From here, the process simply duplicates the Amazon payment process starting at step 6.
Note, you will not actually be changed anything on your credit card until the funding deadline, and only if we meet our funding goals. For further information on the pledging process, please see the Kickstarter FAQs.